Sparkling Homes Cleaning Service Agreement Contract
These terms of service are designed to help our clients understand the service they are purchasing. These terms clarify and describe our guarantee, exclusions, cancellations and potential problems we strive to avoid if at all possible. With your help, these issues can be averted to ensure a successful service to you in your home. These Terms of Service define the responsibilities and liabilities of Sparkling Homes and our customers.
Remember, we do NOT have a contract that commits you to a minimum number of cleanings! We work to earn your continuing business with each and every cleaning.
By scheduling a one‐time or recurring service with Sparkling Homes, you are agreeing to accept the following terms and conditions:
General Limits, Conditions and Liability
100% Satisfaction Guarantee: If you are not happy with any area we have cleaned, simply call the office within 24 hours and we will come back and re‐clean it free of charge. The cleaning technicians must be allowed to come back into the home within the next 2 business days.
Insurance, General Liability, Bonding & Tax Reporting: We carry a $1,000,000 liability insurance policy and a $25,000 fidelity bond. In addition, we hereby attest to our customers that Sparkling Homes collects and reports all employer‐required taxes for the cleaning technicians services to local, state and federal agencies…protecting you from IRS tax‐liability with respect to income the cleaning technicians receive. All cleaning technicians are covered by State workers compensation insurance for any injuries occurring inside or outside of your home.
Security Alarms: Sparkling Homes is not responsible for any charges from a local police department which is called out due to an activated alarm which we are not able to turn off.
Pets “escaping” from the home: We cannot be responsible for pets that “escape” when our cleaning technicians are entering/exiting your home. If your pet will be “roaming free” during the clean, please let us know in advance, so the cleaning technicians can be on alert when they open doors. Our cleaning technicians are trained to close doors as soon as they enter and exit your home and will not leave doors open for long periods.
Pet feces and urine: Our cleaning technicians cannot touch or pick up pet feces, including emptying litter‐boxes. Urine stains on hardwood floors will be mopped by our cleaning technicians, but please understand that if urine has soaked into wood, the discoloration (stain) may not come out… a flooring specialist should be contacted.
Cleaning‐Day Home Preparation: Your price for cleaning is based on the cleaning technicians focusing all of their time and energy on cleaning, not routine housekeeping. We ask that you take a few minutes the night before a scheduled service to “pick up.” This will allow the cleaning technicians easy access to the areas/surfaces to be cleaned: floors, countertops, table tops, etc. and removing dirty dishes from kitchen sinks. If you’d like our cleaning technicians to do these tasks for you, please call the Office (in advance) so your cleaning fee can be adjusted for the additional “cleaning preparation” time.
Cleaning Supplies: Our cleaning technicians bring the tools and products needed to thoroughly clean your home. If you prefer to supply your own cleaning products or solvents we are not responsible for any damage associated with that product or solvent.
Dusting: Our cleaning technicians take pride in dusting your home. Our tools and techniques allow us to remove most of your home’s dust in a reasonable amount of time and effort.
- Settling Dust: During the dusting process, some dust becomes airborne and will not settle until we have left. This is more common in first time cleanings, and it may take several visits before settling dust becomes minimized.
- Dusting Knick‐Knacks, Collectables, Stand‐up Picture Frames, and other small items: We dust small items based on the size and the number of items on a shelf or flat surface like a mantel. If there are 10 or fewer small items on a shelf we will hand dust them and the surface below and return the item to the shelf. If there are more than 10 items per shelf we may dust the items where they sit and the surface around them.
- Dusting height limits: We are not able to dust items on shelves or hung on a wall that are higher than a cleaning technician can reach standing on a 2 step stepladder. We do use extension poles to high dust rooms but we will not high dust items that may tip over or hung on the wall because we are not able to hold it with one hand in order to secure it while we dust.
Showers and Tubs: Showers and Tubs can accumulate lime, calcium and soap scum. Our cleaning solutions work very well on cutting through these deposits, however sometimes it may take two to three visits before showers and tubs become free of these deposits. Mold and mildew are organic and will grow deep into and behind grout or calk. Surface stains will be minimized by our cleaning products, but completely eliminating it may require the homeowner to have their shower re‐grouted or re‐caulked.
Damage or Breakage: Our cleaning technicians exercise reasonable care when cleaning your home. We do carry insurance for damage or breakage caused by our cleaning technicians. We are not liable for damage that is caused by “normal wear and tear”, improper installation of an item in your home, or artwork, collectibles or family heirlooms valued over $200 and not disclosed during the setup process. These items include but are not limited to the following examples:
- Carpet & Rug Snags: Carpet snags are the result of “exposed loops” caused by normal wear and tear, moving furniture, etc. which are snagged by a vacuum’s roller‐brush. We use top-of-the-line Miele vacuums. These vacuums are set to industry standards in order to limit snags while still providing a high quality vacuuming.
- Broken Blinds: Customers should be aware that there are some inherent risks each time your blinds are cleaned. Blinds will become brittle from daily exposure to the sun, and strings/chords will weaken over time resulting in breaks.
- Improperly hung pictures/decorations/mirrors/fixtures: If these items are securely/properly attached to the wall, they should not fall when the item is dusted/wiped.
- Artwork, Collectibles, Family Heirlooms and valuables over $200: These items are expensive or impossible to replace and so we will not take the risk of cleaning such items. During our new client set up we ask our customers if any of these items are in the home so we can avoid cleaning them unless the customer wants to sign a waiver of liability. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform Sparkling Homes of any new items brought into the home, after our initial setup, that fall into this category.
- Use of Homeowner’s Vacuum: If you request our cleaning technicians to use your vacuum, we will not assume or accept any liability for damage to the unit. (Since we are not responsible for maintenance or training with the unit, we will not be responsible for any repairs to it).
Payment for Services: Payment is due at the end of the business day of the day our services are delivered. You may pay by check or credit card.
- Credit Cards. If you choose to pay by credit card, we absorb the 3% charge incurred to process the charge.
- Refunds: Since cleaning is a very personalized and subjective service, we cannot offer refunds to customers. If you are not happy, we will come back and re‐clean any areas free of charge according to our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Service fee for returned checks. Checks returned for non‐payment, (insufficient funds, closed account, etc) will be charged a $25 returned check fee in addition to making good on the payment for services.
Scheduled “Arrival Time” for cleanings: When booking your service, we provide an estimated arrival‐time when the cleaning technicians will arrive at your home. Actual arrival time may vary due to unforeseen circumstances (traffic jams, weather, the cleaning technicians needing extra time to finish cleaning a previous home, etc.) If cleaning technicians are expected to be late by 30 minutes or more, we will call you.
Lock‐Out Fee: You are responsible for providing cleaning technicians access/entry to your home. If our cleaning technicians cannot enter your home, you will be charged the full cost of estimated service. Sparkling Homes can provide you, for the duration of your cleaning services with us, with a contractor keybox in which you can leave your key for the cleaning technicians to gain access to your home. If you provide a key to the cleaning technician, you must contact the office. The office will email you a Key Receipt. Keep this receipt as your proof that you have provided us with a key.
Scheduling Changes: Please let us know as soon as possible if you need to reschedule or cancel a cleaning appointment. Your cleaning technicians count on your business. If you can provide us with at least 5 days’ advance notice of any scheduling changes, it gives us an opportunity to find another home for them to clean. Last minute notifications make it nearly impossible to find your cleaning technicians work and can cause them financial hardship.
Scheduling changes can result in the following:
- PRICE CHANGES – The price for your recurring service is based on Time Between Cleanings. We have 4 recurring price categories:
- Weekly (Once a week)
- Bi‐Weekly (Every two weeks but no more than three weeks since the last cleaning)
- Monthly (Every four weeks but no more than five weeks since the last cleaning)
- Occasional (Six weeks or more since the last cleaning)
Rescheduling your cleaning can result in the cost of your service being Less Than, More Than or the Same As your last cleaning. Time will be considered for vacations when the home is not occupied.
- Example 1: Bi‐Weekly customer “skips” a cleaning, creates a four‐week interval between visits and the applicable (higher) Monthly rate will apply to the next cleaning.
- Example 2: Bi‐Weekly customer who requests an additional cleaning in‐between scheduled visits would be charged the applicable (lower) “Weekly” rate for the next 2 cleanings as there will be a one‐week interval between both cleanings.
- A FEE CHARGED
- 0-24 hours’ notice before scheduled cleaning: full cost of anticipated cleaning.
- 24-48 hours’ notice before scheduled cleaning: $100.
- 48 hours or more notice, no fee.
- NO AVAILABILITY – It is our goal to meet every cleaning request, however cleaning dates do sell out. The best way to reserve an alternative date is to call Sparkling Homes as soon as possible.
Fee for Reschedule, Cancellation or Lock‐Out with less than a 48‐hour notice to Sparkling Homes: We are happy to work with customers to reschedule and cancel services throughout the year to work around your schedule. This policy has to do with rescheduling service or cancelling an appointment with less than 48 hours’ notice.
Please note, that some last minute cancellations can be prevented if a customer provides us with access to their home using a garage door code, key, lockbox or other methods. Sparkling Homes is bonded and insured against any problems associated with giving us access to your home.
Additional Fee (for additional time needed to clean your home): When purchasing our house cleaning service, you are purchasing reliable, well‐ trained, insured, trustworthy LABOR. There may be an occasion where our cleaning technicians need more time to complete the specific cleaning program you purchased. A few examples include:
- The condition of your home is different than what you represented when we established your Estimate.
- Excessive dirt/dust/stains resulting from remodeling/construction, post‐party cleanup, etc.
If a particular cleaning requires more than the allotted time to finish due to the situations above, we will attempt to contact the customer by phone before we start the job. If we are unable to reach the customer by phone we will either work up to the allocation of time or not clean the home. We will never charge you more for your cleaning without your permission. If additional time is repeatedly needed, we would need to discuss a change in your regular fee.
Quality Control and Inspections:
Audits and Inspections: Sparkling Homes randomly inspects and audits our cleaning teams. The inspector may inspect your home after a cleaning is completed and when the cleaning technicians have left, or during the final phase of cleaning or during the entire cleaning.
We need your feedback: Getting customer feedback is an important ingredient to a successful house cleaning service relationship. Your feedback helps us monitor the performance of your cleaning technicians and deliver the highest quality cleaning experience in the industry.
Pictures of before and after work: For first time customers and one-time customers, our Quality Inspection will include taking before and after photos of our cleaning technicians’ work. These pictures are used for training, proof of our work performance and promotion of our high quality standards. These pictures are most often used, but not limited to, Onetime Cleanings, Spring Cleans and Move‐In/Out cleanings. If you do not want pictures taken of work areas in your home please notify Sparkling Homes.
Safety and Work Conditions Temperature Settings: During summer months, many of our customers turn their air conditioning off or set them to higher temperatures during the day, while they are at work. On the day that your cleaning technicians arrive, we ask that you set the thermostat to, at the highest, 72, so your cleaning technicians can work in a safe environment without overheating.
For safety reasons, if our cleaning technicians arrive to a home that is warm and the air conditioning is turned off or not reduced to safe levels, our cleaning technicians are instructed to adjust the thermostat while they are in your home. They will return the temperature to the previous setting before they leave. We still ask that you to let the air conditioning run on the day of your service because it can take several hours to cool a home to safe levels.
During the winter, we request that the home is between 60 and 72 degrees.
Non‐solicitation of Sparkling Homes employees
When entering into an agreement for services with Sparkling Homes you agree not to solicit for hire any staff member introduced to you by Sparkling Homes for any home‐related services. We spend a lot of time, money and resources finding, interviewing, checking references and backgrounds, and training our cleaners. When hired, each cleaning technician signs an agreement barring them from performing any home‐related service for any of our past or present customers. However, if you do wish to employ a staff member directly please discuss this matter with the owner of Sparkling Homes. If you are found to have solicited one of our staff please be advised that our referral/ training fee is $3,500 per hired employee. Payment is due within 30 days from the date on the invoice. We consider our employees our most valuable asset and charge accordingly.
Sparkling Homes is committed to protecting the privacy of customers. We will not sell, exchange or otherwise distribute your personally identifiable information to outside parties.